In this esignature digital age, it’s more important than ever to have a good e-signature. After all, your e-signature is often the first impression you make on someone when signing documents electronically. So, how can you ensure that your e-signature makes the best possible impression? Here are a few tips:
- Keep it simple. Your e-signature should be just that—a signature. It doesn’t need to be flashy or elaborate. In fact, keeping it simple will likely come across as more professional. Just include your name and title, and you’re good to go.
- Use legible fonts. When choosing a font for your e-signature, make sure it’s legible and easy to read. No one wants to strain their eyes trying to decipher an illegible signature. Some good options for fonts include Arial, Times New Roman, and Calibri.
- Avoid using images. While it may be tempting to use an image of your handwritten signature or a company logo, it’s generally best to avoid using images in your e-signature. That’s because images can often be distorted or pixelated when viewed on different devices, which can make your signature look unprofessional.
- Make sure your signature is consistent. If you’re signing documents electronically on behalf of a company, it’s important to make sure that your signature is consistent across all platforms. This helps create a sense of cohesion and professionalism.
- Pay attention to the colors you use. When crafting your e-signature, pay attention to the colors you use—you want to avoid using colors that clash or are difficult to read against the background color of the document you’re signing. Black and white are always safe bets, but if you want to add a pop of color, consider using a muted blue or green tone.
- Use an electronic signature service provider. There are a number of electronic signature service providers out there that can help you create a professional and legally binding e-signature. These services usually offer a variety of features, like the ability to add an electronic date stamp and track who has viewed or signed the document—both of which can come in handy when signing important documents electronically.
- Don’t forget about security. When creating an e-signature, it’s important not only to think about how it will look but also about how secure it is. After all, you don’t want someone to be able to impersonate you by stealing your e-signature. To avoid this problem, make sure you choose an electronic signature service provider that offers robust security features, like biometric authentication.
An e-signature is often the first impression you make on someone when signing documents electronically—so it’s important to make sure that yours is professional and polished. By following the tips outlined above, you can craft the perfect e- signature in no time. And if you’re looking for an electronic signature service provider that can help take your signatures to the next level. With this, you’ll get all the features mentioned above (plus a few extras), plus industry – leading security. So why wait? Create your free account on it today!