The most important in a nutshell
- A Bluetooth motorcycle headset also allows you to communicate with other motorcyclists while riding. It is also possible to connect the motorcycle headset to iPhone or other smartphones and answer calls.
- Most motorcycle headsets are powered by a battery that is charged via a micro-USB port. When buying your motorcycle headset, pay attention to the battery life of the device.
- In addition, pay attention to the maximum number of call participants. There are motorcycle headsets for 2 people and models for up to 16 call participants.
Motorcycle headsets are ideal for communication on the goA motorcycle headset can be used for various purposes. For example, you can connect a motorcycle headset and a navigation system. So the motorcycle headset Garmin can give you announcements directly to your ears. A motorcycle headset with a jack or Bluetooth connection to an MP3 player or mobile phone, also allows you to listen to music. However, the central aspect of a motorcycle headset is communication with other riders. This allows you to pass on spontaneous changes to the route when driving a tour with other drivers.
The motorcycle headset should perform the following functionsThe following table introduces you to the most important functions of a motorcycle headset.
- Several call participants connected by radio
- Arrangements are also possible during the journey
- Number of participants – depending on the model – between 2 and 16
- works similar to a walkie-talkie
- Hands-free for smartphone
- Connection via Bluetooth
- Call answering at the push of a button
- No operation of the smartphone required
Listen to music
- Connection with smartphone
- not comparable to conventional headphones, significantly lower sound quality
- additional radio function on some models (FM transmitter)
We recommend: better choosing a motorcycle headsetMotorcycle headsets that combine all these features have advantages and disadvantages over simple headsets:
- Telephone calls are possible while driving
- Universal intercom: wirelessly connected to other drivers
- Music from an MP3 player or via radio function
- Compatible with Bluetooth navigation devices
- Often high price